Our BTC Cash & Carry positions performed flat last week. The combined PL of our ICE and CME trades now stands at $1,634 gross ($1,399 net). We are now 67 days into our ICE trade and 29 days into our CME trade.
- 22 Jun: Sell 2 July 2020 ICE Bitcoin futures contracts at $9,482.5
- 22 Jun: Buy 2 spot BTC on Bitstamp at $9,415.35
- 14 Jul: Rollover Jul-Aug ICE Bitcoin futures at $85 (+2 July at $9,210, -2 August at $9,295)
- 30 Jul: Sell 1 Aug 2020 CME Bitcoin futures contract at $11,255
- 30 Jul: Buy 5 spot BTC on Bitstamp at $11,021
- 17 Aug: Rollover Aug-Sep ICE Bitcoin futures at $215 (+2 Aug at $12,185, -2 Sep at $12,400)
- 19 Aug: Rollover Aug-Sep CME Bitcoin futures at $160 (+2 Aug at $12,035, -2 Sep at $12,195)
The net PL includes the following:
- 0.25% one-off charge at Bitstamp when buying spot BTC
- Futures commission: $4 per lot per side (rollover trades will be included)
- Funding charge (spread) on futures margin: We assume a margin funding charge (spread) of 0.25% per year (the actual number depends on your broker). The initial margin requirements also depend on your broker. We assume 200% initial margin for a short position on ICE, and 70% initial margin for a short position on CME.
Note that this is only an idea, not advice of any kind as pointed out in our Disclaimer.